- "We can know from the Bible alone that the date of the rapture of believers will take place on May 21, 2011 and that God will destroy this world on October 21, 2011."
- "Noah knew and we can too"
We have the testimony of the Lord Jesus Himself. In telling the Disciples of His upcoming death He gave them the promise that He would come back for them - John 14:1-3
At His ascension we have the testimony of angels telling the eleven that as he left into the sky he will return from the sky - Acts 1:9-11
We are directly instructed to be looking for, or being ready for, his return - Titus 2:11-14
Let's look and see two questions in Matthew 24:1-4
We also have the parable of the ten virgins - Matthew 25:1-13
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall" - Proverbs 16:18
"...the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." - 1 John 2:16
The desire for some new thing?
We can't truly know what lead him to make this announcement
"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:11
Harold Camping, claiming to use math from the Bible, to set May 11, 2011 as the date for the return of Christ. Despite the fact that he made a similar prediction about September 1994 in book 1994?, many are now proclaiming this new date as the end of the world.
The common theme of these stories is that this doomsday date is a Christian message based on the Bible.
How will the faith of devout followers of this doctrine fair?
Will they lose all faith in Bible teaching because this claimed Bible date did not happen?
How do we expect these same news outlets to report on May 22, 2011?
- Will the headlines read, "Christians cry wolf - Christ did not come?"
- How about "Science in the Bible wrong"
How much will the world mock and dismiss God's word when this non-biblical date comes and goes?
- Will Jesus be compared to mythical figures the world associates with Christians like Santa and the Easter bunny?
- How will this deception impact the adoption of true faith by those in the world as "Bible Believers" are shown to be "wrong" in the media.
"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made." - Genesis 3:1
Satan "...is a liar and the father of lies" - John 8:44
Jesus Himself will keep His Word and come back for us personally, but without warning:
- We have His promise that He will return - John 14:1-6
- At His Ascension we have the testimony of angels that he will return, but not when - Acts 1:11
- Christians at Thessalonica were told to "wait for His Son from Heaven." - 1 Thessalonians 1:10
- Paul tells us that ‘the Lord HIMSELF" will come back for us! - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- We have the same admonition in Titus 2:13 to be looking for the return of the Blessed Hope.
Have you accepted God's Salvation:
- Heard God's Word?
- Been Convicted of Sin?
- Believed that Jesus is Savior you need?
- Repented of Sin?
- Confessed Jesus and been baptized into Him?
Are you faithfully walking in the light to stay in Him? - 1 John 1:7
If you need to fix your relationship with God and desire to restore your relationship with Him, please respond now.
-- Zachary Van Tassel, May 11, 2011 --